The term of the Electoral District Boundaries Commission ended with the submission of the Final Report. The Commission was established in May 2017 to review the boundaries, number, and names of the electoral districts of the Yukon. The Commission considered:
- public input
- density and future growth
- accessibility, size and geographical features
- facilities, travel patterns and means of communication
- census data, current elector population and demographics
- municipal and First Nations boundaries
- any special circumstances
The Commission was independent and non-partisan. The Commission reported to the Legislative Assembly.
Legal authority for the Commission's membership and mandate appears in the Elections Act
If you would like to see the news releases issued by the Commission, click here.